Personal Injury Attorney in Brooklyn NY
The law firm of Daniella Levi and Associates, P.C. in Brooklyn NY, is committed to protecting the rights of the injured in a relentless pursuit of justice. Our team of skilled attorneys and legal professionals are here for you to obtain the highest possible recoveries on all client cases. Whether you’ve been affected by a motor vehicle accident, 18-wheeler accident, slip and fall accident, medical malpractice claim, NYPD abuse, or other personal injury cases, we’re here for you. Our team fights to get the compensation you deserve. Our consultations are free, and the advice is priceless.
We provide many benefits to you after an accident, including:
- Providing a free consultation that carries no obligation to you
- Compiling the evidence needed to prove your case
- Consulting with our network of experts in fields such as accident reconstruction, mechanical engineering, medical care and life-care planning
- Assisting you to receive quick and effective medical treatment for your auto accident injuries
- Dealing with all insurance companies on your behalf and setting up all claims
- Fighting for a top-dollar settlement for your injury claim
- If necessary, filing a lawsuit for the accident and going to trial
- Keeping you updated throughout your case
- Being there for you even after your case is completed.
New York Personal Injury Laws are complicated, especially when you are dealing with insurance claims, medical care, and everyday life. All of these details are overwhelming to handle especially when you are trying to determine if you are entitled to additional compensation. Our office understands personal injury laws and gives your case the personal attention it requires from the beginning. Our areas of practice include:
Accidents happen, frequently, especially due to the congested streets and chaotic traffic in New York. Lack of attention, a distraction, even for a split second can result in a serious injury or major damage to your vehicle. If you were involved in a serious fender bender and are injured, we can fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
A good lawyer can also help if you have to miss work or your injuries leave you unable to work due to disabilities. Medical expenses and lost wages from work are one thing, but your inability to provide for your family, accomplish tasks, or any strain on your relationship is not. Our team of personal injury lawyers can ensure that you receive payment for pain and suffering as well as your medical bills and lost wages
On a daily basis, the busy Brooklyn roads see accidents such as:
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone wrecks
- Head-on crashes
- Rollover accidents
- Drunk driver
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving while texting
- MTA bus accidents
Working at a construction site comes with significant risks. From exposure to hazardous materials to operating heavy machinery, construction workers face the possibility of devastating injuries including broken bones, amputations, burns, and more. Severe accidents could even result in death.
Common types of construction accidents include:
- Forklift accidents
- Ladder falls
- Crane accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Roof falls
- Toxic substance injuries
- Industrial fires
- Hearing losses caused by excessive noise
- Road construction accidents.
Medical Malpractice: If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, it’s important to contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible after the incident. Our team of medical malpractice attorneys at Daniella Levi & Associates, P.C. in Brooklyn, New York, will fight for your right to compensation.
Examples of medical malpractice that a patient may claim in a lawsuit include:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Delayed diagnosis
- Childbirth injuries
- Medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical errors.
The U.S. has thousands of long-term care facilities serving millions of residents. Neglect and injuries are a consistent and growing problem. Nursing home residents deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. It’s the reason why families often take a lot of time and thought into picking the right nursing home. That’s why nursing home abuse or neglect cases can be so upsetting. Instead of nursing homes taking care of our loved ones, our parents or other family members can suddenly be sick, injured, or worse.
When this happens, it’s critical that nursing homes are held accountable for their actions or inaction. That’s our job, and our NYC nursing home abuse attorneys are passionate about helping your family. We know the laws that apply to nursing home abuse cases and how the legal system works.
If you believe a loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home facility, report the abuse as soon as possible. Filing a claim helps protect your loved one and can prevent future abuse. If it can be demonstrated that a nursing home or its employees have acted negligently, they may be held liable for any damages as a result of these actions. Damages available in a nursing home abuse lawsuit may include medical bills, pain and suffering, and disability.
Common types of abuse cases include:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Emotional abuse
If you have suffered police brutality or false arrest, contact us today to speak to our experienced team. We will fight for the compensation you deserve due to law enforcement overstepping the boundaries of their authority and causing physical or emotional harm.
Examples of police brutality include but are not limited to:
- Verbal abuse
- False arrest
- Illegal search and seizure
- Racial profiling
- Wrongful shootings
- Inappropriate use of tasers, nightsticks, and pepper spray
- Threats of violence
- Falsified evidence
Accidents happen every day, but when it happens on someone else’s property due to them not having a safe environment, you may have a case for premises liability. Accidents such as slip and falls, tripping, elevator accidents, accidents due to construction defects, in-store injuries, and apartment injuries. Open spaces in New York like stores and apartment buildings are required to have safe premises and when the property is not kept safe to visitors, injuries can occur.
Slips and falls can happen anywhere. When you happen to fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to hold the owner accountable. At Daniella Levi & Associates, P.C., we represent clients who have suffered injuries after slip and fall accidents at places such as:
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Nursing homes
- Government buildings
- Big box stores
Slip and trip accidents can happen for many reasons. If you had a fall because of someone else’s negligence, call us for a free consultation. Here are some common conditions that tend to cause slip trip and fall accidents:
- Uneven floors
- Puddles or slippery floor surfaces
- Broken or missing stair treads
- Unsecured carpets or rugs
- Loose electrical wires
- Missing or unsecured railings
- Debris or garbage
- Poor lighting
- A buildup of water, rain, or ice
A traumatic brain injury can dramatically change a person’s life The physical, emotional and financial repercussions can affect every person who has suffered a TBI. Normal daily activities and work may no longer be completed, especially with the possible burden of medical bills associated with the injury.
Symptoms of a TBI can include:
- Slurred speech.
- Severe headaches.
- Dizziness or disorientation.
- Memory loss.
- Emotional and mood issues.
- Vision and hearing issues.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Difficulties with balance and coordination.
- Challenges with written and oral communication.
About Brooklyn, New York.
Brooklyn is located in Kings County, New York.
- Population (approx.): 2,301,000
- Geo coordinates: 40.6782°N, 73.9442°W
- Postcodes: 11216, 11213, 11238, 11225, 11233, 11221, 11205, 11206, 11217, 11212
Things to Do and See In Brooklyn
- Kingston–Throop Avenues (IND Fulton Street Line) (near Fulton Street and Throop Avenue): A local station on the IND Fulton Street Line of the New York City Subway. Located on Fulton Street between Kingston and Throop Avenues in Weeksville, Brooklyn.
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum (near Saint MaFounded in 1899, it is the first museum in the United States – and according to some, the first one worldwide – that caters specifically to children.
- Our Lady of Victory Church (Brooklyn, New York) (near MacDonough Street and Throop Avenue): A Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn.
- Interfaith Medical Center (near Atlantic Avenue and Albany Avenue): A full-service non-profit community hospital that has 287 beds and serves more than 11,000 inpatients each year.
- Alhambra Apartments (near Nostrand Avenue and Macon Street): An architecturally notable apartment building located on Nostrand Avenue in the Bedford–Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York. The building was designed by Montrose Morris and built by developer Louis F. Seitz in 1889-90.
- Capitoline Grounds (near Hancock Street and Nostrand Avenue): Also known as Capitoline Skating Lake and Base Ball Ground, was a baseball park located in Brooklyn, New York from 1864 to 1880.
- Fulton Park (near Fulton Street and Schenectady Avenue): A park in New York named after Robert Fulton best known for launching the first commercially successful steamboat.
- Kingston Avenue (IRT Eastern Parkway Line) (near Eastern Parkway and Kingston Avenue): A local station on the IRT Eastern Parkway Line of the New York City Subway.
- 770 Eastern Parkway (near Eastern Parkway South Mall and Kingston Avenue): The street address of the central headquarters of the Chabad-Lubavitch Hasidic movement, located on Eastern Parkway in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn.
- Franklin Avenue – Fulton Street (New York City Subway) (near Fulton Street and Franklin Avenue): A station complex shared by the BMT Franklin Avenue Line and the IND Fulton Street Line of the New York City Subway.
- Jewish Children’s Museum (near Eastern Parkway Service Road and Kingston Avenue): The largest Jewish-themed children’s museum in the United States. It aims for children of all faiths and backgrounds to gain a positive perspective and awareness of the Jewish heritage, fostering tolerance and understanding.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- LaGuardia Airport
- Teterboro Airport
- Linden Airport
- Fulton Street (Manhattan)
- Flatbush Avenue
- Interstate 278
- Fulton Street (Brooklyn)
- Nostrand Avenue
- New York State Route 878
- Atlantic Avenue (New York City)
- Kings Highway (Brooklyn)
- Bay Parkway (Brooklyn)
- Pennsylvania Avenue
- Interstate 78 in New York
- 34th Street (Manhattan)
- Linden Boulevard
- Coney Island Avenue
- New York State Route 27
- Belt Parkway
- Jackie Robinson Parkway
- 86th Street (Manhattan)
- Fourth Avenue (Brooklyn)
- Greenpoint and Roosevelt Avenues
- Utica Avenue
Nearby Rail Stations
- Nostrand Avenue station (LIRR)
- Jamaica Station (AirTrain) which is on 93-43 Sutphin Boulevard, New York.
- Federal Circle Station
- Newark Terminal C
- Essex Street
- Exchange Place
- Harborside Light Rail Station
- Marin Boulevard
- Harsimus Cove Light Rail Station
- Alexander Hamilton High School (Brooklyn)
- Pathways in Technology Early College High School
- Paul Robeson High School for Business and Technology
- Girls’ High School
- Boys High School (Brooklyn)
- Boys and Girls High School
- Brooklyn Waldorf School
- Rohr Jewish Learning Institute
Nearby Towns and Suburbs
- Brownsville is 1 mile to the south-east.
- Bushwick is 1 mile to the north-east.
- Flatbush is 1 mile to the south-west.
- Park Slope is 2 miles to the west.
- Ridgewood is 2 miles to the north-east.
- Williamsburg is 2 miles to the north.
- Cypress Hills is 2 miles to the east.
- Brooklyn Heights is 2 miles to the north-west.
- Greenpoint is 3 miles to the north.
- Canarsie is 3 miles to the south-east.
- East New York is 3 miles to the east.
- Glendale is 3 miles to the north-east.
- Maspeth is 3 miles to the north-east.
- Chinatown is 3 miles to the north-west.
- Flatlands is 3 miles to the south.
- New York City is 4 miles to the north-west.
- Condor Hotel – Williamsburg, Brooklyn which is on 56 Franklin Avenue, Brooklyn.
- Battery Park which is on New York.
- Prospect Park which is on Brooklyn.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park which is on 334 Furman Street, Brooklyn.
- Central Park which is on New York.
- Washington Square Park which is on New York.
- Madison Square Park which is on 11 Madison Avenue, New York.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden which is on 990 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn.
- Queens Zoo which is on 53-51 111th Street, Corona.
- Staten Island Zoo which is on 614 Broadway, Staten Island.
- Green Meadows Farm New York which is on 73-50 Little Neck Parkway, Glen Oaks.
- Turtle Back Zoo which is on 560 Northfield Avenue, West Orange.
- Madagascar, Bronx Zoo which is on The Bronx.
- Dawn Animal Agency which is on 142 East 37th Street 2nd floor, New York.
- Liberty Science Center which is on 222 Jersey City Boulevard, Jersey City.
- Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust which is on 36 Battery Place, New York.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Times Square which is on 234 West 42nd Street, New York.
- Queens County Farm Museum which is on 73-50 Little Neck Parkway.
- The Paley Center For Media which is on 25 West 52nd Street, New York.
- Brooklyn Historical Society which is on 128 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn.
- 107th Infantry which is on 643 Park Avenue, New York.
- Cradle of Aviation Museum which is on Charles Lindbergh Boulevard, Garden City.
- Morris-Jumel Mansion which is on 65 Jumel Terrace, New York.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
Request your in-office, phone or video meeting to discuss your legal needs. To schedule a meeting with one of our attorneys, call our office or complete our online form today.
When you choose to work with Daniella Levy and Associates, you are choosing a law firm comprised of some of the best trial lawyers in New York. We are proud of our accolades because of the dedication it took us to obtain them. In order to receive any of these legal honors, an attorney must not only exemplify characteristics such as ethics and professionalism but must also be recognized by peers and clients alike.