I Was Assaulted at a Local Bar in Queens. Who’s Responsible?
If you have been a victim of an assault in a bar, it is important to take immediate steps to protect yourself and your legal rights. Here are some key things to keep in mind if you find yourself in this unfortunate situation
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if you do not think that you were seriously injured, it is important to be checked out by a doctor. Not only will this ensure that you receive the appropriate medical care, but it will also create a record of your injuries, which can be important evidence in a later legal claim.
- Report the incident to the police. This will ensure that an official record is created of the incident, and it will also help to preserve any evidence that may be relevant to your case.
- Gather evidence. If possible, take photos of your injuries (and if you injured a body part that is not your face, have the photo include your face as well as a time stamp of date and time); try to get contact information of any potential witnesses who saw the assault. This will be important in building a case against the perpetrator and the establishment.
- Consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. An experienced attorney can advise you on your legal rights and options, and help you navigate the complex legal process.
- File a lawsuit, If the bat where the assault occurred had insufficient security, and/or continued to serve alcohol to visibly intoxicated patrons, you may have a case for negligence against the establishment.
It is important to note that these cases can be complex and difficult to prove, so it is crucial to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you build a strong case and find either insurance coverage or assets to cover your loss.
In general negligence claims require a showing that the defendant had a legal duty to protect the plaintiff from harm, that the defendant breached that duty by failing to take reasonable care, and that the plaintiff was injured as a result. In a case of a bar for example that either did not have sufficient security and/or continued to serve alcohol to visibly intoxicated patrons, proof of that may be enough to prove breach of the legal duty of care.
Additionally, it is important to note that many states have laws that protect establishments from liability for harm caused by intoxicated patrons in their establishment. However, those laws, don’t protect the establishment when they fail to exercise reasonable care and continue to serve alcohol to patrons who are visibly drunk and/ or have insufficient security.
If you or a loved one have been a victim of an assault in a bar, it is important to take immediate steps to protect your legal rights. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process and pursue the compensation you deserve.
It is also crucial to understand the statute of limitations that apply to assault cases vs. negligence cases, as those may impact your ability to bring a claim.
In conclusion, if you or your loved one have been a victim of an assault in a bar where there was insufficient security and/or where alcohol was served to visibly intoxicated patrons, it is important to take immediate steps to protect your legal rights. This includes seeking medical attention, reporting the incident to the police, gathering evidence, consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney and filing a law suit where appropriate. With the right legal representation you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and hold the negligent party accountable. Call the experienced attorneys at Daniella Levi & Associates PC at 718-380-1010 for a free consultation
About Daniella Levi & Associates P.C.
After a serious accident, many people desperately need the financial support that comes from a successful result of their injury claim. To ensure you have the best chance at obtaining the compensation you deserve, your lawyer should be just as invested in your case as you are.
We strongly believe in upholding accident victims’ rights at Daniella Levi & Associates, P.C., headquartered in New York City. We are dedicated advocates for our clients, fighting, and using every available resource, to obtain the compensation they deserve.
Most accident attorneys know the law, and many have a fair amount of experience. While both of these characteristics are important in a lawyer, they constitute only a part of what it takes to ensure a good experience.
At our law firm, we provide personal attention from a team of dedicated professionals, aggressive advocacy, open communication and caring guidance. We know how stressful it can be to seek legal advice while facing severe physical and financial challenges. We do what it takes to carry the burden for you.