Personal Injury Attorney in Queens, NY
The law firm of Daniella Levi and Associates, P.C. in Queens NY, is committed to protecting the rights of the injured in a relentless pursuit of justice. Our team of skilled attorneys and legal professionals are here for you to obtain the highest possible recoveries on all client cases. Whether you’ve been affected by a motor vehicle accident, 18-wheeler accident, slip and fall accident, medical malpractice claim, NYPD abuse, or other personal injury cases, we’re here for you. Our team fights to get the compensation you deserve. Our consultations are free, and the advice is priceless.
We provide many benefits to you after an accident, including:
- Providing a free consultation that carries no obligation to you
- Compiling the evidence needed to prove your case
- Consulting with our network of experts in fields such as accident reconstruction, mechanical engineering, medical care and life-care planning
- Assisting you to receive quick and effective medical treatment for your auto accident injuries
- Dealing with all insurance companies on your behalf and setting up all claims
- Fighting for a top-dollar settlement for your injury claim
- If necessary, filing a lawsuit for the accident and going to trial
- Keeping you updated throughout your case
- Being there for you even after your case is completed.
Our legal team is equipped to handle most personal injury cases. Here is a brief overview of some of the more common types of cases we handle.
After a traffic accident, you may think you’ll be able to deal with the insurance company yourself, but fighting for fair compensation without the help of a lawyer is difficult. If you are without legal representation, insurance companies may very well try to take advantage of you and make a lowball offer. An experienced Queens car accident lawyer can help you handle the paperwork and the negotiation process while you focus on healing from your injuries.
A good lawyer can also help if you have to miss work or your injuries leave you unable to work due to disabilities. Medical expenses and lost wages from work are one thing, but your inability to provide for your family, accomplish tasks or any strain on your relationship are not. Our team of personal injury lawyers can ensure that you receive payment for pain and suffering as well as your medical bills and lost wages
On a daily basis, the busy Queens roads see accidents such as:
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone wrecks
- Head-on crashes
- Rollover accidents
- Drunk driver
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving while texting
- MTA bus accidents
Accidents such as a fall on a construction site can cause serious injuries, resulting in paralysis and even death. Being struck and run over by a forklift or caught in the collapse of a ceiling can cause serious harm and even death. The construction injury attorneys at Daniella Levi & Associates, P.C. consult with a variety of medical experts, skilled life care planners, and economists to understand your immediate medical conditions and predict future needs to help build a strong case for you.
Common types of construction accidents include:
- Forklift accidents
- Ladder falls
- Crane accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Roof falls
- Toxic substance injuries
- Industrial fires
- Hearing losses caused by excessive noise
- Road construction accidents.
We put our trust in doctors to know what’s best for our well-being. They’re supposed to provide us with care to stay healthy or inform us when we have a life-threatening disease. But what happens if a doctor gives us bad information, or they make a huge mistake during surgery? How do we hold them accountable? When you or a family member has been harmed by a medical provider’s action or lack of action, you need a medical malpractice lawyer on your case to protect you and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Examples of medical malpractice that a patient may claim in a lawsuit include:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Delayed diagnosis
- Childbirth injuries
- Medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical errors.
Nursing Home Neglect
The U.S. has thousands of long-term care facilities serving millions of residents. Neglect and injuries are a consistent and growing problem. Nursing home residents deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. It’s the reason why families often take a lot of time and thought into picking the right nursing home. That’s why nursing home abuse or neglect cases can be so upsetting. Instead of nursing homes taking care of our loved ones, our parents or other family members can suddenly be sick, injured, or worse.
When this happens, it’s critical that nursing homes are held accountable for their actions or inaction. That’s our job, and our NYC nursing home abuse attorneys are passionate about helping your family. We know the laws that apply to nursing home abuse cases and how the legal system works.
If you believe a loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home facility, report the abuse as soon as possible. Filing a claim helps protect your loved one and can prevent future abuse. If it can be demonstrated that a nursing home or its employees have acted negligently, they may be held liable for any damages as a result of these actions. Damages available in a nursing home abuse lawsuit may include medical bills, pain and suffering, and disability.
Common types of abuse cases include:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Emotional abuse
Police Brutality and Wrongful Arrest
Law enforcement officers are supposed to protect citizens and keep their best interests in mind. When a police officer violates your civil rights, they should be held accountable for their actions. Unfortunately, police misconduct can be difficult to prove, making it harder to gather evidence and seek justice for victims. It’s important to seek out experienced police abuse lawyers in NYC to fight for your rights and serve as your advocate. One of our police brutality lawyers will demand the evidence you need and fight for you against the government in pursuit of the fair compensation you deserve.
Examples of police brutality include but are not limited to:
- Verbal abuse
- False arrest
- Illegal search and seizure
- Racial profiling
- Wrongful shootings
- Inappropriate use of tasers, nightsticks, and pepper spray
- Threats of violence
- Falsified evidence
Slips and falls can happen anywhere. When you happen to fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to hold the owner accountable. At Daniella Levi & Associates, P.C., we represent clients who have suffered injuries after slip and fall accidents at places such as:
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Nursing homes
- Government buildings
- Big box stores
Slip and trip accidents can happen for many reasons. If you had a fall because of someone else’s negligence, call us for a free consultation. Here are some common conditions that tend to cause slip trip and fall accidents:
- Uneven floors
- Puddles or slippery floor surfaces
- Broken or missing stair treads
- Unsecured carpets or rugs
- Loose electrical wires
- Missing or unsecured railings
- Debris or garbage
- Poor lighting
- A buildup of water, rain, or ice
Traumatic Brain Injury
If you have recently been involved in an accident, such as a vehicle, slip and fall, workplace injury, you may have sustained a traumatic brain injury, commonly referred to as a TBI. It’s important that you hire a lawyer that is familiar with how a TBI is caused, the symptoms, and the required treatment in order to protect your rights and maximize your recovery. Head injuries can be dangerous and have the potential to result in long-lasting problems, permanent disability, or even death. No matter what type of injury you suffered, you should always discuss a possible legal claim with an experienced brain injury lawyer who is committed to protecting the legal rights of individuals and get you the care and compensation you deserve.
Symptoms of a TBI can include:
- Slurred speech.
- Severe headaches.
- Dizziness or disorientation.
- Memory loss.
- Emotional and mood issues.
- Vision and hearing issues.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Difficulties with balance and coordination.
- Challenges with written and oral communication.
Directions to Daniella Levi & Associates P.C.
If you’re coming from the Utopia area, take Utopia Pkwy south to Union Tpke, then head west for approx. 2 miles. The office is just before the FDNY Engine 315 & Ladder 124 station.
If you’re coming from the area of Queens County Criminal Court, take Queens Blvd north to Grand Central Pkwy, then pick up Union Tpke. Cross over Jackie Robinson Pkwy, and our law office will be about 0.5 miles down on the right-hand side.
Queens NY is located in Queens County, New York.
- Population (approx.): 2,273,000
- Geo-coordinates: 40.7282°N, 73.7949°W
- Postcodes: 11005, 11357, 11429
Things to Do and See around Town
- Carnesecca Arena (near Union Turnpike and 174th Street): A 5,602-seat multi-purpose arena in the borough of Queens, Built-in 1961 and renamed in honor of Hall of Fame Coach Lou Carnesecca on November 23, 2004.
- Belson Stadium (near Union Turnpike and 176th Street): A soccer-specific stadium located along Utopia Parkway in Jamaica, Queens. The Stadium is built on top of a parking garage to save space in a crowded urban environment.
- Jack Kaiser Stadium (near Utopia Parkway and 80th Drive): A baseball stadium located on the campus St. John’s University near the neighborhoods of Jamaica and Fresh Meadows. Formerly used by the now-defunct Queens Kings minor league team in its inaugural season.
- St. John’s University (New York City) (near 170th Street and 81st Avenue): A private, Roman Catholic, coeducational university founded by the Congregation of the Mission in 1870.
- Hillcrest Jewish Center Day Camp (near Union Turnpike and 183rd Street): Based out of the Hillcrest Jewish Center in Queens.
- Fresh Meadows, Queens (near 192nd Street and 73rd Avenue): A residential neighborhood in the northeastern section of Queens.
- Robert F. Kennedy Community High School (near Parsons Boulevard and 76th Avenue): A community public high school, residing in District 25 of the neighborhood of Kew Gardens Hills in Queens, NY.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- LaGuardia Airport
- Teterboro Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
Nearby Rail Stations
- Jamaica Station (AirTrain) which is on 93-43 Sutphin Boulevard, New York.
- Federal Circle Station
- Terminal 7 which is on Terminal 7, Queens.
- Terminal 1
- Lefferts Blvd Station
- Howard Beach Station
- JFK Terminal 8
- JFK Terminal 4
- JFK Terminal 2
- St. John’s University School of Law
- Thomas A. Edison High School (Queens)
- Queens Gateway to Health Sciences Secondary School
- Jamaica High School
- Summit School (Queens)
- The Mary Louis Academy
- Queens College, City University of New York
- Hillcrest High School (Queens)
- The Young Women’s Leadership School of Queens
- Yeshivas Ohr HaChaim
- Francis Lewis High School
- Thomas A. Edison High School
Nearby Towns and Suburbs
- Fresh Meadows is to the north.
- Hillside is 1 mile to the south.
- Kew Gardens Hills is 1 mile to the west.
- Briarwood is 1 mile to the south-west.
- Hollis is 1 mile to the south-east.
- Kew Gardens is 2 miles to the south-west.
- Bellaire is 2 miles to the south-east.
- Jamaica is 2 miles to the south.
- Richmond Hill is 2 miles to the south-west.
- Queens Village is 2 miles to the east.
- Bayside is 2 miles to the north.
- Forest Hills is 3 miles to the west.
- Rego Park is 3 miles to the west.
- Corona is 3 miles to the west.
- Douglaston is 3 miles to the north-east.
- Cambria Heights is 3 miles to the south-east.
- Little Neck is 4 miles to the north-east.
- Woodhaven is 4 miles to the south-west.
- Prospect Park which is on Brooklyn.
- Battery Park which is on New York.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park which is on 334 Furman Street, Brooklyn.
- Central Park which is on New York.
- Washington Square Park which is on New York.
- Flushing Meadows Corona Park which is on Queens.
- Madison Square Park which is on 11 Madison Avenue, New York.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden which is on 990 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn.
- Queens Zoo which is on 53-51 111th Street, Corona.
- Green Meadows Farm New York which is on 73-50 Little Neck Parkway, Glen Oaks.
- Madagascar, Bronx Zoo which is on The Bronx.
- Tiger Mountain, Bronx Zoo which is on 2300 Southern Boulevard, The Bronx.
- Bronx Zoo Bronx river Parking which is on Bronx River Pkwy, Boston Road, The Bronx.
- Bronx Zoo Belmont Entrance which is on 2348 Southern Boulevard, The Bronx.
- Dawn Animal Agency which is on 142 East 37th Street 2nd floor, New York.
- Shore Line which is on 2877-2887 Reservoir Avenue, The Bronx.
- Bergen County Zoo which is on 216 Forest Avenue, Paramus.
When you choose to work with Daniella Levy and Associates, you are choosing a law firm comprised of some of the best trial lawyers in New York. We are proud of our accolades because of the dedication it took us to obtain them. In order to receive any of these legal honors, an attorney must not only exemplify characteristics such as ethics and professionalism but must also be recognized by peers and clients alike.